AsianInNY Archived Blogs
Posts By Date
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Sidra Bell Dance New York: Program A: Director’s ChoiceMay 23-27, 2013 at 8pm May 28, 2013 at 7pm Baruch College: 25th St. (bet. 3rd and Lexington Aves.), NYC SIDRA BELL DANCE NEW YORK 2013 NYC Season / 2 weeks May 23 – 26 & May 30 – June 2 Program A: Director’s Choice May 23-26: Thurs-Sat @ 8pm, Sun @ 7pm STELLA (2012)/POOL (2011) Duration: 75 minutes (with intermission) Directed by Sidra Bell Performed [.. […]
- Arts in MotionThursday May 23, 2013 5-8pm 1293 Broadway / One Herald Center 3rd Floor, Room #311-312，New York, NY 10001 (Between 34th Street and 6th Ave) What comes to Mind？- Mixed-media art works by artist LIN Shih Pao-work will remain on display until May 31, 2013 P2T, Dance duet by YUNG-LI DANCE Treasure Hill , docu-drama, Video work by artists […]
- Liao Wen-Ho Puppet Theater in NYInternationally acclaimed Liao Wen Ho Puppet Theatre performs in the classic style of Taiwanese glove puppetry with a cast of puppet characters ranging in design from regal to fantastical. Founded in1976, the troupe preserves this traditional puppetry art while introducing innovations such as an expansive stage, lighting and special effects and large-size pu […]
- A Botanical Treasury: Plant Fibers, Forest Resources, and the Culture of Tea in Northern Burma05/23/2013 at 6:00pm Bard Graduate Center 18 West 86th Street (BGC Gallery) Even before it is brewed, a tea leaf is steeped in legend, history, geography, and politics. In this gallery talk, Charles Peters will offer his perspectives on the ethnobotany and resource management of forest resources—including bamboo, rattan, and timber—in northern Burma. Sebasti […]
- Far East Movement at Macy’s Herald Square for APAHM05/23/2013 at 6:00pm Macy’s Herald Square 151 W 34th St As America’s Department Store, Macy’s takes pride in celebrating groups or individuals who have made an impact in the U.S. In salute to Asian American music in American pop culture, we’re excited to bring Far East Movement to Macy’s Herald Square! Far East Movement is the phenomenon that […]
- DOJOJI: The Man Inside the BellMay 18-June 9, 2013 410 West 42nd Street Between 9th and 10th Avenues A dance-drama reimagining of an ancient legend; a story of eternal love, destiny and power of transformation performed in English, which spans Japan 929 AD to the anime and harajuku worlds, with music, dance and multimedia. More information at www.panasianrep.org. DOJOJI: The Man […]
- AsianInNY Employment OpportunitiesFounded in 2008, AsianInNY.com is New York’s leader in Asian networking and a multi-cultural entertainment site. We are growing and we are seeking interns, volunteers and team builders to join us on developing the company and be part of winning team! AsianInNY has established itself as the premier social and cultural authority for Asians in […]
- The Hearts and Eyes Choir05/22/2013 at 8:00pm Carnegie Hall 57th Street and 7th Avenue Mentally and physically challenged individuals, their families, and the staff of Yukiwariso Group in Tokyo formed a chorus group called The Hearts and Eyes Choir in 1989. “Ode to Joy,” Beethoven’s Symphony Number Nine that enthusiastically celebrates the brotherhood and unity of all humanity, insp […]
- All about K-POP05/22/2013 at 6pm 950 3rd Ave The Korea Society examines the growth of K-POP and the landmarks for Korean wave in the United States, such as PSY starring in a Super Bowl ad, Girls Generation performing at Madison Square Garden, and 2NE1’s Best New Band award from MTV Iggy. with Nicole Curry, Contestant at ‘K-POP STAR 2′ Christina Love Lee, […]
- Editorial/ Journalism InternshipAsianInNY is growing and we are seeking editorial interns to join us on developing the company and be part of winning team! If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letters to info@AsianinNY.com. AsianInNY is offering internship for writers/editors/journalists to cover all major Asian events including Film Festival, Fashion Shows, Red Carpets […]
- Sidra Bell Dance New York: Program A: Director’s Choice
SILENT VOICES OF ASIAN AMERICAN WARRIORS Archive
Posted on May 1, 2013 | No CommentsFrom Artist Nina Kuo I made a series of photos with Private Danny Chen’s portraits...
Posted on August 8, 2012 | 2 CommentsWritten by Seavor Wong Sergeant Adam Holcomb was acquitted of negligent homicide and harassment on...
Posted on May 20, 2012 | No CommentsRed Flower Band is a popular Electro pop rock band that’s under Sony Music Taiwan!...
Posted on May 19, 2012 | No CommentsJack Hsu is an Er-Hu musician and frontman of the band the Hsu-Nami. He also...
Posted on May 19, 2012 | No CommentsThe Chairman band had a rock concert on May 17th 2012 and they took their...
Posted on May 18, 2012 | No CommentsCoda Resistance band guitarist Andrew Watson recorded the video to salute Danny Chen!
Posted on May 18, 2012 | No CommentsMCs of Passport to Taiwan Festival : Andy Shaw and Aly Schill recorded this video...
Posted on May 17, 2012 | No CommentsJohn Manna is a Drummer at the Hsu-Nami band. He recorded the video to salute...
Posted on May 17, 2012 | No CommentsFrank Chen is the Vocal/Guitar/Bass of a cand called Torpid May in New York.
Posted on May 17, 2012 | No CommentsThe Executive Director of Passport to Taiwan, Borcheng Hsu, recorded the video to salute to...
Posted on May 16, 2012 | 1 CommentTAKE MORE ACTION Every word counts, every story resonates, and every submission has an impact....
Posted on September 7, 2011 | No CommentsBy Reggie Cruz Good morning! It’s a cool Thanksgiving start here in Baghdad. I’ve been...
Posted on August 7, 2011 | 1 CommentBy Reggie Cruz 7 months. 5 days. That’s how long I’ve been here. 1 month...
Posted on May 30, 2011 | No CommentsBy Shirley Yumin Tan