AsianInNY Archived Blogs
Posts By Date
August 2012 M T W T F S S « Jul Sep » 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- SAG-AFTRA and The Asian American Film Lab Enter Into Agreement to Promote Diversity in FilmMay 23, 2013 – NEW YORK — SAG-AFTRA and The Asian American Film Lab™ (“Film Lab”) are pleased to announce an agreement enabling SAG-AFTRA members to more easily participate in the 2013 72 Hour Shootout™ competition (the “Shootout”), a worldwide filmmaking competition (www.asianamericanfilmlab.org). The Shootout, now in its ninth year, has inspired hundreds o […]
- THE 12th NEW YORK ASIAN FILM FESTIVAL Select Jay Chou’s THE ROOFTOP as the Closing Night FilmThe Film Society of Lincoln Center and Subway Cinema in association with Japan Society has announced today that Jay Chou’s THE ROOFTOP has been selected as the Closing Night presentation of the 2013 New York Asian Film Festival. Also announced were 22 additional titles, including several notable premieres, highly anticipated titles and salutes to Hong […]
- POLICE OFFICER of The Port Authority of New York & New JerseyThe Port Authority of New York & New Jersey is looking for police officers with starting salary $32,361 with contractual step increases to $90,000 after completing five years of service (based on the current contract), and an outstanding benefits package. The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey conceives builds, operates, and maintains infrastruc […]
- Sounds of Spring & Dances of Spring Arts Showcase05/24/2013 at 6:30pm Flushing Town Hall 137-35 Northern Blvd Flushing, NY 11354 Reception and ‘Meet the Artists’ from 6:30pm to 7:30pm The Tri-State annual tradition of the “Sound of Spring & Dance of Spring”continues this May 24th at the famous Flushing Townhall which is strategically located in the heart of the Queens Chinatown community. 5:30pm Checki […]
- Sidra Bell Dance New York: Program A: Director’s ChoiceMay 23-27, 2013 at 8pm May 28, 2013 at 7pm Baruch College: 25th St. (bet. 3rd and Lexington Aves.), NYC SIDRA BELL DANCE NEW YORK 2013 NYC Season / 2 weeks May 23 – 26 & May 30 – June 2 Program A: Director’s Choice May 23-26: Thurs-Sat @ 8pm, Sun @ 7pm STELLA (2012)/POOL (2011) Duration: 75 minutes (with intermission) Directed by Sidra Bell Performed [.. […]
- Arts in MotionThursday May 23, 2013 5-8pm 1293 Broadway / One Herald Center 3rd Floor, Room #311-312，New York, NY 10001 (Between 34th Street and 6th Ave) What comes to Mind？- Mixed-media art works by artist LIN Shih Pao-work will remain on display until May 31, 2013 P2T, Dance duet by YUNG-LI DANCE Treasure Hill , docu-drama, Video work by artists […]
- Liao Wen-Ho Puppet Theater in NYInternationally acclaimed Liao Wen Ho Puppet Theatre performs in the classic style of Taiwanese glove puppetry with a cast of puppet characters ranging in design from regal to fantastical. Founded in1976, the troupe preserves this traditional puppetry art while introducing innovations such as an expansive stage, lighting and special effects and large-size pu […]
- A Botanical Treasury: Plant Fibers, Forest Resources, and the Culture of Tea in Northern Burma05/23/2013 at 6:00pm Bard Graduate Center 18 West 86th Street (BGC Gallery) Even before it is brewed, a tea leaf is steeped in legend, history, geography, and politics. In this gallery talk, Charles Peters will offer his perspectives on the ethnobotany and resource management of forest resources—including bamboo, rattan, and timber—in northern Burma. Sebasti […]
- Far East Movement at Macy’s Herald Square for APAHM05/23/2013 at 6:00pm Macy’s Herald Square 151 W 34th St As America’s Department Store, Macy’s takes pride in celebrating groups or individuals who have made an impact in the U.S. In salute to Asian American music in American pop culture, we’re excited to bring Far East Movement to Macy’s Herald Square! Far East Movement is the phenomenon that […]
- DOJOJI: The Man Inside the BellMay 18-June 9, 2013 410 West 42nd Street Between 9th and 10th Avenues A dance-drama reimagining of an ancient legend; a story of eternal love, destiny and power of transformation performed in English, which spans Japan 929 AD to the anime and harajuku worlds, with music, dance and multimedia. More information at www.panasianrep.org. DOJOJI: The Man […]
- SAG-AFTRA and The Asian American Film Lab Enter Into Agreement to Promote Diversity in Film
Archive for August 8th, 2012
Posted on August 8, 2012 | No CommentsBy Keen Hung Lee The Taiwan Cultural performance, CHOI-TIAN, that was held on Friday, August...
Posted on August 8, 2012 | 2 CommentsWritten by Seavor Wong Sergeant Adam Holcomb was acquitted of negligent homicide and harassment on...
Posted on August 8, 2012 | 2 CommentsBy Alice Chin China has a big impact on today’s global economy, but its culture...
Posted on August 8, 2012 | No CommentsWe made a group trip to Florence on the first weekend! We took the train...