AsianInNY Archived Blogs
Posts By Date
May 2012 M T W T F S S « Apr Jun » 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- First Annual AAFE Housing and Community Services FundraiserTuesday, June 18, 2013 6:30pm Museum of Chinese in America (215 Centre Street) Tickets and Sponsorship Museum Tours at 6:00pm and 6:30pm AAFE’s Housing and Community Services Office has been hard at work the past year increasing its outreach and services, expanding building organizing, and launching new campaigns. Join AAFE Housing and Community Services to […]
- Dana Leong at River to River FestivalTUE JUNE 18, 2013 5:30pm. Brookfield Place Plaza 220 Vesey Street NYC Free and open to the public Bringing together an exciting blend of jazz, classical and pop, the Dana Leong Trio is the latest incarnation of Leong’s ever-expansive oeuvre. Leong’s enterprising spirit, prolific compositions and arrangements, and energetic performances have garnered him crit […]
- Last Golden Lotus – The Secret of Chinese Foot BindingWhere: Tribeca cinema 1, 54 Varick str. near Canal Str. When: 4pm, 17.6, 2013 A latest “shirley’s temple” production, 72 mins documentary “Last Golden Lotus – the secret of chinese foot binding”, world premier by NYCIFF (New York City International Film Festival: http://www.nyciff.com/, ). Red carpet, premier, followed with “Q&A” with director Shirley Yi […]
- Kenny Endo and Eri Ishizuka Taiko Drums of Japan / Costa Rica and The BahamasJune 17 – 23, 2013 152 W 57th Street, 17th Floor New York, NY 10019 Taiko Drum performers Kenny Endo and Eri Ishizuka will travel to Costa Rica and The Bahamas for performance and workshop. They will perform both traditional and contemporary pieces and collaborate with local musicians. This program is co-organized with the Embassy of Japan […]
- Vali Nasr: The US and China in the Middle East17 June 2013 6:00pm – 7:30pm 725 Park Avenue (at 70th Street), New York, NY Asia: Beyond the Headlines Just three days after Iran’s pivotal presidential election on June 14, join Asia Society for a discussion with Vali Nasr, Dean of the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), moderated by Mary Kissel, member of the Wall Street […]
- 88 Sing for Hope PianosJune 16th 12-8pm Lincoln Center After 2 weeks on the streets of NYC, all 88 Sing for Hope pianos will reunite at the Josie Robertson Plaza, Lincoln Center for a FREE all-day celebration of the arts. Please join us for music, art, and Chobani yogurt. Concerts from 12-8 with performances by select artists including ONCE – The Musical, […]
- L.E.S* BLOCK PARTY & DRIVE-IN MOVIE THEATERSunday, June 16, 2013 6:00pm – 10:00pm 88 Ludlow Street New York, NY 10002 Sunday, June 16th a Parking Lot on Ludlow and Broome St in the Lower East Side of New York, will be taken over by The L.E.S.* Film Festival! DJs, Live Performance, Food, Screening at Dusk, Tons of Surprises in store… For more information please visit www.lesfilmfestival.com […]
- Iz the Wiz dedicationSat Jun 16 12:00pm 5 Pointz Aerosol Art Center Partake in NYC graffiti history at this tribute to street-art legend Michael “Iz the Wiz” Martin, who died in 2009. A memorable character in Henry Chalfant’s 1983 documentary Style Wars, Iz was known for defining the classic NYC lettering style, and his work was ubiquitous on the city’s […]
- Saung Budaya 4th Annual Show “Dances of the Archipelago”Door opens at 6:30PM and will be closed at 7:00PM. Sunday, June 16, 2013 Jewish Community Center Goldman-Sonnenfeldt Family Auditorium 334 Amsterdam Ave at 76th Street NY, NY 10023 Tickets are still available! Here is the link: http://www.smarttix.com/ Bring your friends and family to watch this AMAZING Indonesian traditional dances! Best, Permias NYC […]
- The 8th Annual Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island06/15/2013 & 06/16/2013 Governors Island Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra invite you to the beloved Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island. Now in its eighth year, the event has become the quintessential outdoor celebration of the Jazz Age and its living legacy. Under a canopy of century-old trees, caressed by fresh sea air, a sprawling [... […]
- First Annual AAFE Housing and Community Services Fundraiser
Archive for May, 2012
Posted on May 3, 2012 | No CommentsSince the initiation of the “Passport to Taiwan” festival in 2002, it has become the...
Posted on May 3, 2012 | No CommentsQUILL: THE LIFE OF A GUIDE DOG is a film by Yoichi Sai. Based on...
Posted on May 2, 2012 | No CommentsNYU students held three events to celebrate the Asian Heritage Month including Opening Ceremony, New...